The 30th year of Big South National Qualifier was bigger than we expected. BSQ remains the nation’s largest volleyball event over a single weekend. There were 1,198 teams competing for 3 days in 19 different divisions and 34 teams went home with a bid to USA Volleyball’s Junior National Championships!
Here are our 5 big takeaways from this past weekend:
- Atlanta was the perfect spot to host a tournament as big as Big South. This year teams played on over 160 volleyball courts and used 1 million square feet of exhibit space at the Georgia World Congress Center. Families, fans and friends were able to walk around to Atlanta’s top attractions like the World of Coca-Cola, College Football Hall of Fame and Georgia Aquarium before and after pool play.
- Danika Yarosh, “Line” from the upcoming movie The Miracle Season, stopped by the Mizuno booth to meet fans and take pictures! See The Miracle Season in theaters this Friday, April 6th.
- Ever wonder what goes into a photo shoot at Mizuno Volleyball? We brought former collegiate volleyball players back to a tournament they all know well, the Mizuno BSQ, for our first photo shoot of the year!
- In addition to our booth with special event prices, Mizuno was spotted all around the Georgia World Congress Center.
- Some of our Mizuno teams finished as medalists! Congrats to A5, Rockwood Thunder, Pinellas Heat, Thunder Bay, ECJVC, Elevation, MLBVBC and 850 Elite.
Thank you to all of the fans, players, coaches and sponsors for being a part of another successful Mizuno Big South National Qualifier. See you next year!